[mythtv-users] transcoding shows after recording

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Thu Apr 15 23:08:42 EDT 2004

I am really confused about the Recording profile settings. What I would
like to achieve is record a show and then transcode it tp MPEG4 after it
has been recorded.

I am not sure what the settings should be to get the desired result.
According to the documentation on the myth website, the "Transcoders"
profiles are used if there are not hardware encoders in the system.
However, I do have two PVR-250s so I am concentrating on the "MPEG-2
Encoders" profiles. I think I have the bit rates set to reasonable
settings however, I still end up with 12G files for 30min shows.

The other confusion is about the "Automatically transcode after
recording" option. Does that mean that the show will be transcoded after
it has been recorded (as supposed to while it is being recorded) or
whether it will transcoded at all.

Can someone, please, advise me what settings would be suitable or where
to read up on what all these options mean?

Thanx

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net

	--Top 100 things you don't want the sysadmin to say