[mythtv-users] Re:recording changes settings made by test_ioctl

Dr. N. Andrew Swain andy at stygian.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 16 05:57:52 EDT 2004

"Khanh Tran" <khanh at slc.edu> wrote
> When I schedule a recording with MythTV and the backend starts up the
> recording, the brightness and contrast settings I've made with
> test_ioctl get reset to the defaults of Brightness = 127, Contrast = 63.
> I've got the recording profile set to record at a resolution other than
> 720x480, but should that matter?

No doesn't matter, Myth sets brightness and contrast to values stored in
the database by channel.

Have you tried running WebMyth and browsing to the configuration->channels
page, then setting the brightness etc in there?

Failing that you could set the values in the sql table directly, I think
its the "channels" table, you should be able to find posts about editing
the database, I don't have the info in front of me.

afaik you can't change these through setup or the front-end.

Hope that helps, I can give more details if they are needed - or I'll post
it properly to the wiki after the weekend!

Andy Swain