[mythtv-users] aac/m4a playing

Kevin Kuphal kevin.kuphal at myrealbox.com
Fri Apr 16 09:57:31 EDT 2004

This was one thing on my list of things to look at in the near future.  The
audio library that MythTV uses recently fixed/added m4a support in their CVS
version.  I haven't tested it yet, but if it works then it will be trivial
for me to add m4a (but not DMA protected AAC) to MythMusic since it will be
an extension of the existing WMA support from the library.  The only othe
caveat is that there is a revamp of the entire music service coming (MFD)
that already includes m4a support if I recall correctly so it might be a
duplication of effort if that is already in place.