[mythtv-users] MainServer::HandleVersion - Client speaks protocol version 5 but we speak 1!

Cal Evans cal at calevans.com
Fri Apr 16 14:47:19 EDT 2004

I've installed DSMyth 0.5

If I tail /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log and then try to connect I get
the error:

2004-04-16 13:41:20 MainServer::HandleVersion - Client speaks protocol
version 5 but we speak 1!

on my windows xp box, my command to try and connect is:

mplayer2 mythlivetv://

Google does not turn up anything for this message. Can anyone tell me
what it means and what I need to do to get mythtv to speak 5?

TIA,
=C=
Let me know how I may be of service,
=C=
* Cal Evans
* http://www.eicc.com
* We take care of your IT,
* So you can take care of your business.
*
* I think inside the sphere.