[mythtv-users] Home movie copying and recording profiles insanity

Coax coax at cornernet.com
Fri Apr 16 15:35:49 EDT 2004

I'm not sure if this is an option for you, but i thought i'd present it
anyway.

I think it might be easier to just change your input on your pvr-350
manually (with the test_ioctl command), and do 'cat < /dev/video0 >
yourvid.mpg' and play your 8mm tapes through it at that point.. (If you
want to test whether or not it is recording correctly, just run 'mplayer
<file.mpg>' on it to check. (or, you could just 'cat file.mpg >
/dev/video16' if you were at a UNIX prompt outside the X environment.)

I'd then set up a fake chanid in the database via the myth interface, and
name the file you recorded similarly to what the naming convention in Myth
is - and move it into the /myth/tv directory..  (chanid, start time, end
time.nuv or whatever - I'm not staring at a myth box at the moment..)

Then, if you want to add it to myth, it should be pretty easy to do..
pretty simple MySQL to add a show to the recorded shows table. table
'recorded' is what you want.  Make sure that when you do the insert, make
sure you set the show to never auto expire..

Hope this helps, or is of use to you!

Chad

 > 	Hello all.  I've experienced some odd behavior on my
mythtv box and