[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.14 - Issues

Saravanan Subbiah saravanan_subbiah at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 16 15:49:03 EDT 2004

> > I just upgraded my Mythtv installation on Gentoo from 0.13 to 0.14
> > hoping that I will get the benefit of all the bug fixes and feature
> > additions ! ( also hoping that the slight hissy audio will go away along
> > with the "slow motion video" problem which occurs every 15 min once.)
> >
> > But unfortunately I am not able to play any (live or recorded) TV. The
> > recording happens fine though.
> >
> > I get the following error. Any idea why this is happening ?
>
> You built it with directfb when you didn't want to build it with directfb?
>
> Isaac

I just did a emerge in my gentoo box and it automatically enabled
directFB ! Then I thought may be directFB is needed for 0.14 and enabled
vesa fb in the kernel !

How do I disable directFB while building in gentoo ? I have DirectFB
package installed in my system for some reason.

Sorry if I am missing something simple.

thanks,
Saravanan