[mythtv-users] Free USB RF remote (just $5.90 for shipping)

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 16 17:16:06 EDT 2004

>From: Jason Lee <mythtv at theleehouse.net>
>To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Free USB RF remote (just $5.90 for shipping)
>Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:35:01 -0500
>
>Brian Rumple wrote:
>
>>Doesn't look like it.  That is the way they work at X10.  I doubt you
>>will find it like that again.  It is now $49.99.  I wouldn't suggest
>>buying at that price unless you really can't find anything else that
>>fits your needs.
>
>Here's the remote that Jarod uses:
>
>http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=&product%5Fid=15%2D2116
>
>and how to set it up
>
>http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/remotes.php
>
>A friend of mine and I have our eyes on that one.  It's not $6, but it
>looks nice. :)
>
>--
>jason lee
>Steeplesoft -- http://www.steeplesoft.com
>README.txt  -- http://jason.theleehouse.net
>Bosco       -- http://bosco.sourceforge.net

If you like Jarod's setup and want to go a bit cheaper try the
URC-6012.  It's available at WalMart.  I have one and it is less
than half the price of the RS remote.  No LCD but the available
buttons are almost the same (more than enough for Myth) and
the setup is exactly the same as the RS remote instructions on
Jarod's site (except for the references to the LCD screen).  I
am very happy with mine.

-- Harry O.

P.S.  It is also a JP-1 remote if you want to go off the deep
end and program it using a PC interface.