[mythtv-users] Re: Linux machine running mythtv is freezing up all the time

Ziggy ottgeek at yahoo.ca
Fri Apr 16 21:10:15 EDT 2004

Greg,

I had this problem for the last few days but fixed it
yesterday.  In my case it was freezing while updating
the TV listings.  I updated XMLTV to the latest
version and the problem went away (in my case I went
from version 0.5.25 to version 0.5.32).

You can check to see if it is your problem by manually
running 'mythtvfilldatabase' (from the command line).
You can also check to see when the last time MythTV
successfully updated it's program listings.

I don't know why this was killing my entire machine
while running as an unprivliged user.  I am guessing
that it was a bad interaction with MySQL or something
similar.

Cheers,
Clayton