[mythtv-users] Album Cover Art in Mythmusic

Mike Jasper e394td at comcast.net
Sat Apr 17 11:52:43 EDT 2004

Jason Giddens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What format/filename does cover art need to be for it to be recognized in
> Mythmusic?  I have cover art for all of my albums saved as cover.jpg in the
> same directory as the album contents, but it doesn't show up in Mythmusic.
>
> What do I need to do?

Do you have all the visualizations enabled?  Maybe it just hasn't cycled
to AlbumArt yet.  Under Music Settings > Player Settings >
Visualizations, type in AlbumArt.  Also uncheck "Change Visualizer On
Each Song."  Then you'll only be using AlbumArt.

I used the albumart program
(http://louhi.kempele.fi/~skyostil/projects/albumart/) to grab my album
cover images.  It creates three files in each album directory -
folder.jpg, .folder.png, and .directory.  The two images are identical,
just saved as different formats.  The program says it creates
".folder.png and an Icon entry in .directory for Konqueror, etc." - I
believe the .jpg is what's used for AlbumArt in myth.