[mythtv-users] PVR350 in MythTV Box: WINDOWS XP DUAL-BOOTWORTHWHILE?

Dane Kantner webmaster at dddane.com
Sun Apr 18 12:46:12 EDT 2004

> Along those lines, I also have not seen much comment on people having
> Windows installed onto their MythTV boxes (with PVR350) and then being
> able to use the MPEG editor and DVD-creation software that is supplied
> (or available) by Hauppauge with the PVR350.  Is this worth the $150
> (CDN) or so when building a MythTV box?

I'd say get a 250 or 350.  It really is worth every penny.  I have 2 250's,
but started out with a regular btaudio card.  The system is 20 times more
stable now, as a result of doing nothing but changing from a software based
encode to hardware.  I still have the other card in my system, but its
disabled--its not even worth it for me.

I regularly download video's off of the myth and onto a sep. machine that I
use with XP.  I can burn to a video CD without much work, I couldn't do this
(as easily) before when the file wasn't an MPEG.

-Dane