[mythtv-users] Transformation, what am I doing wrong

Eric Crane craneer at comcast.net
Sun Apr 18 23:46:47 EDT 2004

OK,  I believe that I have everything setup correctly, but since I am not getting what I expect I must not.

When all is said and done, what I want to do is have an MPEG4 file of the show I just recorded, what I am currently getting is a file with the value "MythTVVideo" and a version number of 0.07, with good video in it.

I am getting the video from my WinTV-250 card from Hauppauge, this video comes in as an MPEG2 stream.  Was this is collected it is written to a file with an un-typable name ending in '.nuv'.

The recording ends and the file is closed.

Now in my setup I have the 'Auto Transcode' option selected in both the recording profile (default) and also in the Transcoder->MPEG2->Profile.

Now, if I deselect the 'Auto Transcode' for the  PVR-250->Default->Profile after the system has finished recording the show the file is left on disk untouched as an MPEG2 file.

If I enable 'Auto Transcode' for the PVR-250 but have it un-selected in all Transcoders the show gets recorded, then the transcoder starts and creates a MythTVVideo file.

Now if I now enable 'Auto Transcoding' for the MPEG2 profile the show gets recorded, then I see a transcoding start and I am left with another MythTVVideo file.

What am I doing wrong, or what setting have I missed??

- Eric Crane