[mythtv-users] Best DVB-T card for poor signal?

Chris Dennis chris.dennis at ndirect.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 04:13:20 EDT 2004

Hello Folks

I'm very new to both MythTV and digital telly, and trying to work out
what gadgets to buy.

In this area (post code SP6 1RE in the UK), TV signals are somewhat
weak, but the bloke in the local TV shop says that I should be able to
get most digital terrestrial channels without needing an aerial upgrade
if I use a good quality set-top box -- he recommends Panasonic or Thomson.

But I'm planning on using MythTV and a digital (DVB-T) PCI card.  From
what I've read, the Nebula DigiTV card and the Technisat AirStar look
good: the latter claims to be able to receive channels that it's
competitors can't.

Can anyone recommend a suitable DVB-T card for this situation?

cheers

Chris