[mythtv-users] Best DVB-T card for poor signal?

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Mon Apr 19 04:39:20 EDT 2004

Chris Dennis wrote:
> Hello Folks
>
> I'm very new to both MythTV and digital telly, and trying to work out
> what gadgets to buy.
>
> In this area (post code SP6 1RE in the UK), TV signals are somewhat
> weak, but the bloke in the local TV shop says that I should be able to
> get most digital terrestrial channels without needing an aerial upgrade
> if I use a good quality set-top box -- he recommends Panasonic or Thomson.
>
> But I'm planning on using MythTV and a digital (DVB-T) PCI card.  From
> what I've read, the Nebula DigiTV card and the Technisat AirStar look
> good: the latter claims to be able to receive channels that it's
> competitors can't.
>
> Can anyone recommend a suitable DVB-T card for this situation?

Hi CHriss,

I'm a UK DVB-T user and I went for a couple of NOVA-T DVB-T cards, my
reception is pretty naff so I rely on a signal booster (otherwise the
reception is unuseable)..

Paid about 50 quid each from http://www.scan.co.uk

Regards
Simon

--
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged
demo.