[mythtv-users] Lirc Support

Colin Bell colinb at gatewest.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 07:07:34 EDT 2004

Hi all

I installed my Mythtv from a RPM install from "Thacs RPMs for Mandrake
9.2" (http://rpm.nyvalls.se/index9.2.html). I'm using the remote fron
the PVR 250. Its working properly when I run irw, but I get nothing in
Mythtv. I have copied over hauppauge-lircrc-nativelirc to
~/.mythtv/lircrc as described in the excellent documentation. I also
followed the same documentation to compile and install Lirc.

The install documentation mentions that you must change your
settings.pro file and compile Mythtv with native lirc support in order
to use the remote control.

What I need to know is:
Does anyone know if the above RPM was compiled with Lirc support or am
I going to have to build Mythtv myself in order to use the the remote.
If anyone has any suggestions on this, I look forward to hearing from
you.

Thanks

Colin