[mythtv-users] possible bug

Greg greg.d at cwgsy.net
Mon Apr 19 14:01:26 EDT 2004

Not sure about your first question.

I was getting duplicates recorded aswell, did a bit of googling around and
found out that unless the title, subtitle and description are the same then
the showing will get recorded, even if one of the fields is blank in both
showings. Some of the shows on my system (using bleb) have a blank subtitle,
so duplicates are recorded. I got round this with a bit of sql which is
called after mythfilldatabase has run.

Here it is if you want it.

use mythconverg;
update program
set starttime = starttime,
subtitle = title
where subtitle = '';

May have to run something similar on your oldrecorded? To get it to get rid
of the blanks there too.

HTH
Greg