[mythtv-users] Dual MPEG encoder cards

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Mon Apr 19 19:07:13 EDT 2004

I have for several months had a PVR-350 hooked up to DirecTV and
recently acquired a PVR-250 to give myself the ability to record a
different set of channels from another provider.

If I schedule a recording, everything works: if channel 66 is WFOO on
the PVR-350 and is WBAR on the PVR-250, then the right program will be
recorded from the right card.  Swell.

However, if I'm watching live TV and I open up the guide to switch to
channel 66 on the PVR-250, I always get channel 66 on the PVR-350,
indicating that MythTV is not switching the input card.  If it's a
question of not allowing one to switch cards while watching live TV,
then MythTV should allow one to choose from among the free input cards
when going into live TV, no?

I'm mainly wondering if this is a problem that has already been
solved, modulo a misconfiguration on my end.  I searched the archives,
but could not come up with the proper search incantation.

I am using myth CVS as of a few days ago (Friday?) and Chris Kennedy's
ivtv 0.1.10-pre2-ck35.

Cheers,
Kyle