[mythtv-users] mythweb/mythfilldatabase without mythtv?

Aran Cox acox at cv.telegroup.com
Mon Apr 19 19:08:00 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 17:16, James Orr wrote:
> What I would like to do is run mythfilldatabase on the database computer
> instead of the backend, what would I need to do to set that up?  The
> database machine does not have X installed and i'd like to keep it that
> way.

Maybe you could setup the database server as the master backend but not
configure any capture cards?  This would of course require that you
install at least some X components on the database, but you wouldn't
need an X server.  You could remote the display of the mythtv-setup
program to a frontend machine for the configuration portion.

Not sure if this actually works, but it should be easy to try.  Maybe
the master backend insists on having at least one capture card
configured?

Aran