[mythtv-users] Asus pundit & pvr 350, Suse9.0, Xfree4.4:nonsmooth video playback no matter what I do...

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Tue Apr 20 05:04:30 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have mythbackend and frontend on same machine. I cannot get smooth video
or live tv play from pvr 350 - I'm not English native speaker so I am not
sure how this is called, but picture freezes for few moments, specially on
zooming or left-right transitions.

So I cannot watch sport or similar. I had a lot of problems with xv
performance, but lately could get it to work with some setting in sis
driver, so now I have xvtest performance around 2200 FPS (it used to be 200
FPS). I have HD at 40Mb/sec and dma on (measured with hdparm). But freezes
are still there. Same streams work smoothly on other computers running
mythfrontend (even on dsmyth on windows). So there must be something weird
on my frontend & backend server. I have P4 2.4G so there shouldn't be
problem of cpu power shortage...

I wonder, what are your xvtest values, particularly on this HW ?
What settings, benchmarks should I try to tackle problem ?
Do I have to do some kernel tunning for this ?

Thanks in advance,

Robert.