[mythtv-users] More LIRC Woes

Brian Rumple brumple at VALUBOND.COM
Tue Apr 20 11:31:15 EDT 2004

I was working on mine last night and figured out that for some reason I
needed to reload the lirc_serial module to get things working.  By
default lircd starts when my machine boots.  So before I could get
output from mode2 I had to stop lircd and then:

rmmod lirc_serial
modprobe lirc_serial

And after running mode2, if I wanted to start lircd I had to do the same
thing.

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Scott Nicholson
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 10:47 PM
To: 'Discussion about mythtv'
Subject: RE: [mythtv-users] More LIRC Woes

> However, mode2 is connecting to a device (by default /dev/lirc) which
> is either associated with a different driver or at least not
> associated with the serial driver.  Are you running multiple instances

> of lircd or using a different device?  If so, you'll need to specify
> the appropriate device for mode2 (i.e. "mode2 --device=/dev/lirc1" or
> "mode2 --device=/dev/lirc/0" or whatever).

"mode2 -d /dev/lirc/0" runs, but doesn't product any output when I push
buttons on the remote.

> What does lsmod give you?  Are there any other LIRC kernel modules
> installed?

lirc_serial             7392   0
lirc_dev                9008   1  [lirc_serial]
loop                   11672   0  (autoclean)
ivtv                   79236   0
msp3400                16448   2
saa7115                 5888   0  (unused)
tuner                  10920   2

---