[mythtv-users] Remote Control Recommendations??

Gregory J. McGee gjmcgee at cableone.net
Tue Apr 20 12:51:54 EDT 2004

I just got my xbox frontend up, and it works great!
(GREAT svideo out, no work involved, just get the MS svideo cable kit
for ~$20, also has optical 5.1 audio out potential)

It occurred top me the xbox receiver that comes with the remote is just
a USB device with a funky connector... It wouldn't take much to use it
anywhere.
A Linux module exists...
The xbox remote keymappings for mythtv work very well.

It works with lirc...

> Message: 10
> Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:19:15 -0500
> From: Ben Brown <mythtv at handcoder.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Remote Control Recommendations??
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> Your setup probably has little to do with the Tivo remote and more to
> do
> with the IR Reciever.  You say you bought a receiver, but not what
> kind
> of reciever.  Many of the commercial recievers are based on the
> libirman
> package.  I don't think any of the lirc packages come built with this
> support.
>
> Your best bet is probably to build lirc from scracth with all the
> appropriate settings for you IR Reciever.  The Myth Documentation has
> some pretty good overview instructions for building lirc.
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-8.html#ss8.4
>
> Ben
>
> Robert Teed wrote:
> > Hello Ben,
> > I purchased a Tivo remote off ebay and an ir receiver from some
> company
//snip