[mythtv-users] Of CVS and Spousal Acceptance.

Chris Thompson ct-myth at cthompson.com
Tue Apr 20 18:04:48 EDT 2004

So, after weeks and weeks of part time tinkering, my Myth setup is
basically ready to go... in my basement.

The TV the family watches is still fed by a crappy Scientific Atlanta/Time
Warner "DVR".

I've got the backend working perfectly, having given up on my M179's and
bought two brand new PVR-250's, bringing the total to three. Yesterday I
used MythWeb from work to schedule a recording. Got home, went into the
basement, and watched the flawlessly recorded show.

But I'm afraid to actually pull the trigger and move the frontend box out
to the TV.

Why? I'm worried about the SAF of the program guide.

What I want is what others have requested, I want to hit M to get the EPG,
arrow keys to move around the guide, enter to choose a channel, or R to get
the recording menu.

For those that don't know, in 0.14, you have to hit M again to change
channel, and Enter pulls up the advanced options screen to set a recording.

I've heard that 0.15 changes this behavior to do what I want. What I DON'T
want is to push this thing on my wife, and then change the behavior on her
in a few weeks/months when Isaac releases 0.15.

So my question is this. Is a current CVS snapshot stable enough to be used?
or is there, perhaps, a way to patch 0.14 to do the EPG keys the way I
describe?