[mythtv-users] Can *not* get S-video input to get recorded.

Dave Myron dave at orangechicken.com
Wed Apr 21 04:33:54 EDT 2004

Background:
PVR-350
S-video input from Comcast cable box (tested that s-video has signal by
plugging in to TV)
Ivtv 0.1.9

IVTV is loading properly - I can see the test bars on the TV when loading
saa7127 with the test image. I can also see Mythtv / X via the TV-out on the
PVR-350. I've tried every single input on the card via test_ioctl -p [0-9].
-p6 is supposedly the S-video input. Doing 'cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg'
leaves an empty file every time. Trying to watch TV in Mythtv outputs just
snow. Does that mean that I'm getting video via the s-video input? If so,
how do I clear it up?

KnoppMyth really made it easy getting to this point (I threw away an entire
month trying to get Mythtv to run on Gentoo). Now if I can just get LiveTV
to work (and then I have to set up changechannel to control the cable
box!!). I'm just totally lost as how to capture from the card.

Thanks for your help,
Dave