[mythtv-users] HDTV and AMD

Vincent K. Britton Vincent.Britton at wiznet.com
Wed Apr 21 11:20:10 EDT 2004

I know Mr. Wilson has told me that the "recommendation for optimal HD
playback with MythTV is a 3.0GHz HT P4" but is there anything from the
AMD family of processors that has Proven itself capable of decoding HDTV
for a front end.

That being said am I correct that the computer with a pcHDTV capture
card can be the backend and doesn't have to be "beefy" it is just the
front end machine.

Can you have capture cards in other machines but still have one master
backend server?

Thanks to all for helping me with my endless questions.  I am trying to
find the answers to these questions online but am not having any luck.

Sincerely,
Vince