[mythtv-users] MythWeb Suggestion..

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 21 12:55:57 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 21 April 2004 11:26, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > When using MythWeb, if you click on Backend Status, the link sends
> > you to a full window page instead of a framed window within the
> > theme. Is it possible to have that page come up in the framed theme
> > page as opposed to a new page altogether? If I knew web
> > development, I would work on it my self.
>
> mythweb doesn't (and never will) use frames.  the backend status is
> pulled directly from mythbackend, proxied through mythweb's scripts,
> so fitting its output into the theme is a little problematic, since
> you can't really encapsulate a webpage (including <html></html> tags)
> inside of another without breaking some standards in the process.

What about (a configurable option) loading the page in a new window/tab?
This way you don't have to 'leave' the mythweb site.  The problem is
that once you bring up the backend status page, the only way back into
mythweb is to either use the 'Back' button or re-enter the URL.  Since
it's essentially a different site, using a new window/tab would seem to
be good web behavior.

Just my $.02.

-JAC