[mythtv-users] MythWeb Suggestion..

James Orr james at orrwhat.net
Wed Apr 21 20:19:23 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 19:29, Mitko Haralanov wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:00:27 -0700
> Jayson Garrell <kyi at kyi.sytes.net> wrote:
>
> > There is a .htaccess file in the root of mythweb.
>
> In my installation of myhweb there is no .htaccess file anywhere in the
> /var/www/html tree. To install my box, I followed Jarod's guide and did
> everything (except ivtv driver and lirc) with apt-get...

Here's a simple example of a .htaccess ...

AuthName "MythWeb"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /path/to/passwd
Require valid-user
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from 192.168.0
Satisfy Any

The above will let anybody in with an IP of 192.168.0.* without asking
for a password, and anybody else will be prompted.  You can put that in
the mythweb folder in the .htaccess file, or better yet just put it in
the apache httpd.conf in a <Directory> section.  You'll need
AllowOverride AuthConfig in your httpd.conf if you want to use .htaccess
files for authentication.

Set your password like so:
htpasswd -c /path/to/passwd myusername

Note: the passwd file is not your /etc/passwd.
--
James Orr <james at orrwhat.net>