[mythtv-users] OT: How to submit form, retreive web page and save it to a file?

Robin Wöhler rw at robinwoehler.de
Thu Apr 22 18:22:53 EDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 05:10:37PM -0400, William wrote:
> retreive the data returned. I don't think that 'wget' supports the ability
> to send form data and I didnt see any command line hooks into Mozilla.

Actually, wget does support this:

# wget --version
GNU Wget 1.9.1
# wget --help | grep post
       --post-data=STRING    use the POST method; send STRING as the data.
       --post-file=FILE      use the POST method; send contents of FILE.

Someone also mentioned "curl", which is also able to do command line
HTTP POST requests. I have already done this with both wget and curl.

- Robin