[mythtv-users] Cannot rip dvds at less than perfect quality

Stephen L. Ulmer ulmer at ulmer.org
Thu Apr 22 21:11:46 EDT 2004

On 21 Apr 2004, rwhittak3 at adelphia.net said:
> I did a full reinstall tonight, following Jarod's guide word for
> word (again), and have exactly the same problem.  Again, this was
> working on a previous build.  Has something major changed in the
> last week or two in the apt packages?  Anyone else having this
> problem?  I've tried to do a bit of troubleshooting with transcode
> on the command line, but that's a serious beast, and I haven't had
> much luck yet.

You haven't ripped that DVD before?  I had a similar problem (could
only rip a DVD at "perfect").  For me, it was because the file I was
ripping to already existed.  Of course a "perfect" rip is a .vob, not
a .avi, so the name was different.

Myth would just refuse to rip the title (I guess it thought it was
already complete).  There should really be an error message about a
name conflict in that instance...

--
Stephen