[mythtv-users] Cannot rip dvds at less than perfect quality

Richard Whittaker rwhittak3 at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 22 21:44:20 EDT 2004

Oh, I've ripped DVDs before, and it's worked fine, up until my last
couple installs over the last 5 days.  It does perfect rips to vob files
just fine - it's the transcoding a vob file to an avi that fails.

I did notice that a new transcode package was put on freshrpms on the
16th - right around the time I started having problems, could there be a
missing dependency (I'm missing encoders) in the new rpm or something?
Also, it seems to be looking for shared libraries in a weird directory :
/var/tmp/transcode/root/usr/lib/transcode - that looks like a build
directory or something to me.  I've actually added /usr/lib/transcode
(where the .so's it needs reside) to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH and to
ld.so.conf (and ran ldconfig) and it still couldn't find them - like
it's hardcoded or something.

Richard Whittaker