[mythtv-users] Shuttle ST62K XPC Zen anyone?

Henrik Bentel hbentel at comcast.net
Thu Apr 22 23:39:15 EDT 2004

Hi

I'm looking to add another mythtv box to work as a front end only.
And among my candidates is the Shuttle ST62K XPC Zen  which is getting good
remarks, especially for noise levels.
And it has some (or potential) for processing power so if I later decide to
use it as a gaming device I could do that too.
It has no AGP port so I plan to use the onboard graphics.

But the ATI 9100 IGP makes me nervous. I know that ATI provides drivers and
then there's the open source project.
I've seen some posts lately that the ATI's latest drivers are working
pretty good. But I don't know who to trust.

So has anyone tried this box and done so successfully? Or are there other
alternatives out there? I've looked at
IWills and Solteks reviews but their noise levels seem way higher than this
puppy.

thanks,
Henrik Bentel