[mythtv-users] "Videos" Play too fast and choppy

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Fri Apr 23 08:51:22 EDT 2004

>>Does anyone else have troubles playing avis and such in mythvideo (ie
>>too fast?) I would rather find the root cause and fix it than patch it
>>with the timebase unless everyone is running that way.
>

> MythVideo isn't using the MythTV player at all. So the use video as timebase
> option does not apply there. Unless you enabled some mplayer/xine option that
> does the same. If you didn't, does your soundcard report it's Hz (like 44000)
> correctly? Normaly video is synced to the audio. Maybe you need to specify
> that for mplayer/xine.

Many NForce2 mobo's seem to have the audio HZ problem mentioned here.
I've fought with mine forever on that.  To get my mic working needed the
latest Alsa drivers, but then the playback speed would actually bounce
around.  Installing the kernel Intel drivers would fix the speed
problem, but the mic won't work.

-Tony