[mythtv-users] "Videos" Play too fast and choppy

Nowhere nowhere at cox.net
Fri Apr 23 11:06:09 EDT 2004

mv'ing the .asoundrc file removed the sound altogether. This isn't just
a sound problem tho. The video playback is in sync with the sound and
thus the video playback is too fast also.

I tried playing some different formats with some interesting results.
DivX 5.1.1 codec avi's play at the correct speed. MPEG2 encoded from
nuvexport or from tmpgenc both play too fast. I haven't tried MPEG4 yet
and will if it is necessary, but I bet this will ring a bell with
someone.

So the question has now become why does MPEG2 play video and audio to
fast when using mplayer through mythvideo while avi's play correctly and
xine also plays all formats correctly?

Thanks for the stellar help so far!

Eric