[mythtv-users] Bad News for me...a warning to all

David myth at dgreaves.com
Fri Apr 23 13:30:42 EDT 2004

Since some people are interested...

When digging about I found some comments that this may introduce sound
glitches and possibly other glitches.
Basically the CPU goes to sleep and takes a bit to 'wake up' - and
something glitches: typically video or sound stutters.
That's what I meant by YMMV :)

However...
The I use 2.6 nd it works for me comment was because I also read
suggestions that the glitches were removed under 2.6 kernels.

So:
if you try it, keep a close eye out for glitches (or maybe we could turn
it off before and after each recording?) and it doesn't work for you
then you may want to try it again if you ever switch to 2.6 :)

HTH

David