[mythtv-users] Re: mythbackend v.14 dies after an hour?

Dan Fleming dfleming at swings.2y.net
Fri Apr 23 14:22:49 EDT 2004

THANK YOU!

I was having a hard time figuring out if this was a MythTV issue or an
ivtv issue.  The MythTV system that was having this problem is a
diskless slave backend with a PVR-350.  The partition it was caching its
live-tv only had about 2GB left on it.  I'm guesing that since it is
using nfs as its root partion MythTV was confused about how much free
space it had.

After moving the live-tv buffer to a disk with more space it ran for 2
hours before dying.  However, at least it indicated an issue with ivtv!
Now at least I can provide the folks on the ivtv list better
information.

Thanks again Dennis your reply definitly pointed me in the right
direction.

---Dan