[mythtv-users] help I broke my myth

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Fri Apr 23 23:34:00 EDT 2004

Can someone give me some pointers. I had been running .15 for about a
month from the packages from the bleeding repository. I decided to
compile and install from CVS and things went wrong. I did not have any
themes that would load even though they were there. I finally got that
working by putting them in my home directory. Now I only get a TV and
SETUP menu option in the frontend. I have tried everything, removed all
myth rpm's, libs and such, renamed / deleted myth directories and then
reinstalled. I still get the same thing in the frontend. I was able to
get the themes back but still only TV and SETUP. I found that the CVS
installs to /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/libs. I deleted everything
from there related to myth and reinstalled, still only TV and SETUP on
the menu of the frontend. What am I missing? Is there something in the
database doing that? My other frontend still works, just not the one on
the master backend.

- James