[mythtv-users] Bad News for me...a warning to all

Gregory J. McGee gjmcgee at cableone.net
Sat Apr 24 01:59:44 EDT 2004

> Make sure you set your alarm shutdowns.  I recently had an alarm on my
> myth box, and opened it up to find a dust ball that stopped airflow.
> It had
> been in continuous 24/7 usage for about 9 months before it hit 70C on
> the
> temp sensor and the alarm went off.  Vacuum your systems!

Or use air filters.

I installed a 120mm fan into my Antec Lanboy, and while I was at it,
installed one of those cheap foam filter fan covers, come in 2 packs for
~3$, washable. It's outside. I have several cats. (or is that
backwards...) The Super Lanboy has 2 low rpm 120mm fans... My next case.

Made an amazing difference, actually stays clean inside now. No hair,
very little dust. Thinking about oiling the filters K&N style.
--
Gregory J. McGee <gjmcgee at cableone.net>