[mythtv-users] Whats the status on German TV Listings?

Torsten Schenkel mythtv at isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Apr 24 08:19:36 EDT 2004

Am Sa, den 24.04.2004 schrieb Robert Krig um 9:52:
> Hi people. Back when I setup MythTV, xmltv support for German listings
> was broken. This has apparantly changed in the meantime. I checked the
> xmltv website and it listed germany as supported.

It is, there's a grabber for tvtoday grabber included. I did test it
once, but didn't bother to switch all my setup.

> So I was just wondering, is everything cool with that, or are there any
> issues I should be aware of?

None that I know off. But said, I didn't really use it. But
mythfilldatabase did work.

> I'm currently using NxtvEPG for my German TV Listings.
> Should I stick to that, or does the xmltv grabber provide better
> Listings?

Hmm, If I had NxtvEPG (I don't, I have a PVR350 and didn't get it up)
I'd stick with that. It's a supported service which is used as intended.
You don't produce additional traffic on a website and don't have to fear
for the service going offline or encode their listings due to bandwidth
or copyright problems as was the case with tvmovie.

Torsten

--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough