[mythtv-users] mythmusic sound prob

Travis Kelley rhatguy at comcast.net
Sun Apr 25 16:43:15 EDT 2004

Mythmusic uses strictly your sound card for output and depending on how
you are using live tv (through a pvr350?) you might not be using your
sound card for that.  Therefore there could be two volume settings in
play here.  I'd recommend going into alsamixer from a command prompt and
looking at all the levels in there.  Particularly the Master and PCM
levels.  PCM might be only being used when playing mp3's and it could be
set really low....then when you crank the master up it could be over
driving your sound card.  To really help you out we'll need more detail
about how your system is setup.  Are you using a decoder (pvr) for tv?
What is hooked directly to the tv...the pvr card or the sc?  If its fine
on the tv stuff and not on mythmusic I'm betting on a volume level
somewhere.