[mythtv-users] Re: Re:Free USB RF remote (just $5.90 for shipping)
james at thearmstrongs.org
Mon Apr 26 07:36:55 EDT 2004
I got mine to work right off. Modified the haupague remote file to use the
defined button names in the x10_lola file posted here. The only problem I am
having is double key presses. If I press pause for example, it will pause
then unpause because lirc is sending the button twice. If I run irw and
press a button I receive 4 lines of data for each button pressed, each with
a number after it 1, 2, 3, 4. Anyone else have this problem or know how to
filter out duplicate button presses in lirc?
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Kristo Kriechbaum
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 12:51 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Re: Re:Free USB RF remote (just $5.90 for
I checked what remote code my remote was on. It was on 9 oddly
enough. So if you change your remote code to 9, you can use the
config file that I made.
On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 12:29:53PM -0400, Gabe wrote:
> I am having a devil of a time getting this remote to work with lirc. I
> have upgraded to lircd 0.7.0pre4 and am using
> 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl_47.rhfc1.at for my kernel.
> I made sure to unplug my hauppague transceiver from the computer, and
> comment out all the lirc driver info from modules.conf (this is after
> trying several times with it uncommeted out). I plug in the USB
> receiver and get this in dmesg:
> hub.c: new USB device 00:02.2-3, assigned address 2
> usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0xbc7/0x2) is not claimed by any active
> lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
> lirc_atiusb: USB remote driver for LIRC v0.3
> lirc_atiusb: Paul Miller <pmiller9 at users.sourceforge.net>
> usb.c: registered new driver lirc_atiusb
> lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin:sample_rate: 0
> lirc_atiusb: X10 Wireless Technology Inc USB Transceiver on usb2:2
> So far so good. I am using the config file that kristo supplied, and
> when i do irw, i get nothing for output. I have changed my remotes code
> to be 16 and 1 to see if that would matter, but no dice! Nothing
> happens. I have started up the lircd (/sbin/service lircd start) and
> that starts it up but still nothing! Loaded the different modules I had
> commented out in modules.conf, and still nothing.
> I can use the MouseRemoteFC.pl script that was posted here, and will go
> back to that if I can't solve this, but it seems a little more sluggish
> than lirc. I am succesful using my directv remote, so i know lirc does
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
> So I got my "x10 lola" remote yesterday. Trying to figure out how to
> scrape off that stupid logo without scratching the hell out of it.
> I'm running:
> kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl_47.rhfc1.at,
> lirc-0.7.0-20_cvs20040208.rhfc1.at, and
> all from atrpms.
> When I plugged in the reciever, it just worked. It loaded the
> lirc_atiusb module.
> Attached is my config file for this remote (the one you want to rename
> lircd.conf). I named all the buttons exactly as they are named on the
> remote, except for "end", which I had to name "_end" because won't let
> you have a button named end for some reason. "pc" was selected the
> entire time (ie not tv, audio, cable, or x10 - but oddly enough you
> can learn those buttons too). It's up to you to make your own .lircrc
> to make the buttons do something useful.
> Let me know if you find that I did something incorrectly.
More information about the mythtv-users