[mythtv-users] problems setting up mysql w/FC1

daryl faulds nannyseeker2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 11:27:24 EDT 2004

--- mike johnson <mythtv65 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> hey....thanks a bunch for your input.  right now
> mythtv is sort of a mirage.
> :-)
>

> >From: "Peter Valdemar Morch"
> <swp5jhu02 at sneakemail.com>
> >To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> >Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] problems setting up
> mysql w/FC1
> >Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 01:42:39 +0200
> >
> >mike johnson mythtv65-at-hotmail.com |Lists| wrote:
> >>        file /usr/share/themes/Default from
> install of
> >>redhat-artwork-0.92-0.fdr.0.1 conflicts with file
> from package
> >>gtk2-2.2.4-5.1
> >>        file /usr/share/themes/Default from
> install of
> >>redhat-artwork-0.92-0.fdr.0.1 conflicts with file
> from package
> >>gtk+-1.2.10-28.1
> >>E: Error while running transaction
> >
> >So there is your culprit! What to do about it? No
> idea... I don't know what
> >the difference is between the two files.
> >
> >(Actually, it looks like all three of them want to
> "own" or be the source
> >of /usr/share/themes/Default, doesn't it?)
> >
> >It discovered a conflict and didn't install any of
> them.
> >At least now you know what the *real* problem is.
> >
> >(Mike, just so you know: I'm going to bed (1:39 am
> here), so I won't be
> >answering any more today...)
> >
> >Peter
> >
> >--
> >Peter Valdemar Mørch
> >http://www.XXXXXXXXX

Mike,

It is a problem with the kde-redhat at-rpm mirror. To
fix it (from Jarod's guide):

comment out apt.kde-redhat.org and
kde-redhat.atrpms.net in /etc/apt/sources.list (simply
place a # in front of all kde-redhat lines).

I find you must comment out *all* the kde-redhat
lines, miss even one and it hangs, there are about
seven if I recall correctly, then:

# apt-get update
# apt-get install mythtv-suite --fix-missing

and you should see an immediate improvement.