[mythtv-users] [ot] sceintific atlanta help

Shawn Asmussen asmussen at cox.net
Mon Apr 26 21:01:18 EDT 2004

Well, I don't know specifically about the 8580, but I am pretty sure that
lirc will work with other models than the 2000. It's just that it only comes
packaged with a config file for the 2000. You can still record your own, or
it's also possible that the config file for the 2000 will work for 8580, if
Scientific Atlanta used the same codes for the two boxes. One thing to watch
out for, at least with the newer models, is that some Scientific Atlanta
hardware operates on a frequency that not all of the hardware supported by
lirc will work with. In particular the ActiSys IR200L is known not to
support the higher frequency.

Shawn Asmussen