[mythtv-users] Matrox G400 TV-Out (sorry large post)

Stephen Longhurst steve at longsteve.com
Tue Apr 27 08:54:58 EDT 2004

> I don't know about the g400's but with the g550's it had a dvi head not a
> scart.
The cable that comes with a G400 is S-Video/Composite, but you can
build an RGB scart lead with instructions here http://forum.matrox.com/mga/viewforum.php?f=52
or so I thought!  Now I'm not so sure that the G400 cable is RGB
capable, I'm going to check on that again.

> And the tv encoder is only on the RGB head not both.
> Don't know how realivant that is to g400's though.
From what I understand, the G400 gives TV out on the second head only,
but only does hardware acceleration on the first head.

> Also from what i gather Directfb support in myth isnt supported by anyone
> currently, And the current code is very buggy( most of it is just ripped
> from mplayer) im still having issues getting it to function properly on my
> g550.
I'd read a fair few posts in the archive about people trying to get it
to work, but no posts actually reported a successful conclusion.  I
think maybe I'll concentrate on getting X on the TV screen properly
first and see how that goes.

Thanks,
          Steve

--