[mythtv-users] Lost SPDIF output after apt-get dist-upgrade

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Tue Apr 27 12:32:18 EDT 2004

I would just like to say that I am having trouble also with SPDIF output
and the latest dist-upgrade. I have it working on the backend but on my
new frontend I went from Fedora 2115 from the install CD's to
kernel-smp-2.4.22-1.2179 and the latest alsa packages shown from the
the Intel8x0 sound chip and have found lots of other references on the
net that it works with alsa. Along the same lines, my friend had SPDIF
working with this same chip. He did the dist-upgrade last weekend and it
broke for him too. I tried to go to 2174 but apt-get does not find the
kernel-smp files for 2174 and they are not listed on the website anymore.

- James