[mythtv-users] references to "significant other"

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Tue Apr 27 13:43:36 EDT 2004

Op dinsdag 27 april 2004 09:16, schreef Simon Kenyon:
> i would respectfully request that people on this list stop referrring to
> "the wife" as though they were a completely different (and inferior)
> species.
>
> if myth has some feature or does something which is not user friendly then
> say so. don't blame it somebody else who you have to please. it is pretty
> insulting and sexist.

You are prefectly correct in your request :-)

Several men have refered to their wifes here something along the lines of "the
one that must be obeyed", which also seems rather gross to me. Even if their
wifes would be okay for that (?), it pretty much ensures that not many women
will stay on a mailinglist like this.

The numerous responses to this mail seem rather odd to me. Especialy the one
about free speech and that people who don't want to listen should go away. I
beg you pardon, am I missing something? (polite asking, gross response? and
then even referencing to free speech, must be an American :-P)

	Henk Poley <><