[mythtv-users] Hercules Game Theater XP -- Aux In doesn't work

K Murphy maillist at citadelsystems.net
Tue Apr 27 14:31:43 EDT 2004

I've got an old WinTV-GO card where the TV audio is supposed to be
plugged into the back of my GTXP card. Needless to say I get a picture
but no sound. In fact I cannot get any input to
work, even on the little external box. I have hooked up a couple of
small radios and microphones to the microphone port and the AUXs jack
located on the sound card and external box. So far nothing. I have been
using the following for testing: Mythtv, tvtime, xawtv, and the sound
recorder (found in the KDE menus).

I do know the sound card works because mplayer works fine.

I have brought up the alsaconf and unmuted everything and turned it up.

I believe my issue may be the .asoundrc. But I am not sure what I need
to do to fix it. If any one is willing to send me their .asoundrc, I'd
appreciate it.

OS: Fedora Core 1 (Used Jarod C. Wilson guide for the install)
ALSA: 1.0.4

My modules.conf is:
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias snd-card-0 snd-cs46xx

There are no errors that I have found in my log file.

My .asoundrc is:
pcm.cs46xx {
   type hw
   card 0