[mythtv-users] references to "significant other"

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Tue Apr 27 14:39:38 EDT 2004

> The numerous responses to this mail seem rather odd to me. Especialy
> the one about free speech and that people who don't want to listen
> should go away. I beg you pardon, am I missing something? (polite
> asking, gross response?

Asking to hit someone over the head with a baseball bat is still
stupid, whether asked politely or not.  I merely wanted to make clear
my opinion that the discourse here should not be reduced to the
intersection of every single reader's acceptable word and/or topic
list.

If you don't like something that is said, don't expect the other 99.8%
of the people on the list to adjust their behavior so it is acceptable
to you.  Stop whining about it, and deal with it like an adult.

> and then even referencing to free speech,

Can you point this out?  I can't find this anywhere.

> must be an American :-P)

And thus I invoke my own version of Godwin's Law, which ends the
thread once someone from Europe denigrates another poster by calling
them an American. ;-)

Cheers,
Kyle