[mythtv-users] Lost SPDIF output after apt-get dist-upgrade

John Sturgeon john at sturgeonfamily.com
Tue Apr 27 15:06:20 EDT 2004

Julian Edwards wrote:

>On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 17:59, John Sturgeon wrote:
>

>>I noticed the same thing.  Then I checked the new mplayer man page,
>>guess what: -ao alsa9:spdif became -ao alsa1x:spdif  That's
>>interesting....  They didn't even deprecate alsa9.  It just got
>>dropped.   I changed my .mplayer/config and all is well.
>>

>Great, that fixed mplayer!
>
>What output device are you using for Myth?  I can't get that to work :/
>
>Thanks,

one correction, I didn't get alsa1x from the man page, I got it from
'mplayer -ao help'.  I think it was devine intervention that made me try
that.  I had my wife standing there with a bowl of melting ice cream
saying: "Would you please get that thing to work?  I just want to watch
American Idol."

--
John <><