[mythtv-users] references to "significant other"

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Tue Apr 27 16:02:11 EDT 2004

Simon Kenyon wrote:

>stop using your wife/girlfriend/partner to represent somebody who is
>technically illiterate. it is not necessary and in my opinion insulting.

If the term was "Simon's Wife" and you wife didn't happen to be
technically illiterate then yes it could be insulting.  But when we're
talking about our own wives who are technically illiterate and who
freely admit to being so how is it an insult?

Or is it really that you're technically illiterate and don't like be
lumped in with the wives?