[mythtv-users] Lost SPDIF output after apt-get dist-upgrade

Julian Edwards ed at julian-edwards.com
Tue Apr 27 16:15:00 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 20:02, John Sturgeon wrote:
> Glad I could finally help somebody else!

Don't you just love that warm fuzzy feeling? :)

> I use alsa, but through oss emulation.  Whenever I've tried to use alsa
> natively, I get a floating point exception.

Me too.  So, presumably, you just use /dev/dsp as the output device?
Have you done anything special to map the sound through to the spdif
out?  I just get silence :(

I know Jarod has a similar setup to me (with an Audigy) - did you get
any of these problems?  You might also want to update your guide for the
new mplayer command line.
--
Julian Edwards
http://www.julian-edwards.com/