[mythtv-users] Lost SPDIF output after apt-get dist-upgrade

John Sturgeon john at sturgeonfamily.com
Tue Apr 27 17:55:11 EDT 2004

Julian Edwards wrote:

>On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 20:02, John Sturgeon wrote:
>

>>Glad I could finally help somebody else!
>>

>Don't you just love that warm fuzzy feeling? :)
>

>>I use alsa, but through oss emulation.  Whenever I've tried to use alsa
>>natively, I get a floating point exception.
>>

>Me too.  So, presumably, you just use /dev/dsp as the output device?
>Have you done anything special to map the sound through to the spdif
>out?  I just get silence :(
>
>I know Jarod has a similar setup to me (with an Audigy) - did you get
>any of these problems?  You might also want to update your guide for the
>new mplayer command line.

OK.
I'm going from memory here, but I believe I use /dev/adsp0 my mapping is
done by setting up the oss modules.  here is my modules.conf:

path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates
# default path
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`

# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.3 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss adsp_map=2
options snd-pcm-oss adsp_map=2
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
alias sound-slot-0 snd-intel8x0
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

--
John <><