[mythtv-users] ati hdtv component adapter on linux

Tyler Daniel mythtv at sushi-k.com
Tue Apr 27 18:43:19 EDT 2004

Hi everyone, I've seen posts in the archives concerning ati's hdtv
adapter, but still haven't been able to figure out how to get it working
in linux/if it works in linux...

Anyone have any experience using this adapter in linux?

I've managed to poke at my xf86config enough to get [what appears to be]
an rgb signal out at something like 720p, but my tv needs y pr pb.  I saw
some conjecture on the web that the converter needs to be turned on using
the ddc protocol, presumably done in the ati windows drivers..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tyler